Friday, June 1

"It was torture."

Ashli is a blogger at SICLE Cell, and she was the first person I found anywhere who suffered from HG.

Dawn Eden pointed out the CNN interview with Ashli in which they also discuss her new book designed to help people understand Hyperemesis Gravidarum. I discussed my own experience with HG in these two posts.

It makes me so sad to know that Ashli was experiencing something that her doctor could have helped her with, and yet her OB had no idea what to do with her. I thank God for my OB's, who knew something was wrong and gave my care over to a high-risk doctor who treated me rigorously and kept both the girls and myself safe and healthy. (The same doctor took over my care almost immediately the second time around.)

Pray for women with HG. Pray for their doctors, too, who sometimes have no idea whatsoever how to treat them and save the babies. Also, if you can, get a copy of Beyond Morning Sickness. Give it away (to an OB, even!) when you're finished with it.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin