Monday, June 25

Extra Humor for Monday

I saw this at Just Doing My Best. I'm just glad I hadn't taken a sip of coffee prior to reading it!

**************************

A young man named Tony bought a donkey from an old farmer for £100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

When the farmer drove up the next day, he said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news...the donkey is on my truck, but he's dead."

Tony replied, "Well then, just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "I can't do that. I've already spent it."

Tony said, "OK then, just unload the donkey anyway".

The farmer asked, "What are you going to do with him?"

Tony thought for a few seconds and then said, "I'm going to raffle him off."

To which the farmer exclaimed, "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

But Tony, with a big smile on his face, said "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody that he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Tony and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"

Tony said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at £2 each and made a profit of £698.00."

Totally amazed, the farmer asked, "Didn't anyone complain that you had stolen their money because you lied about the donkey being dead?"

And Tony replied, "The only guy who found out about the donkey being dead was the raffle winner, when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his £2 back plus £200 extra, which is double the going value of a donkey, so he thought I was a great guy."

Tony grew up and eventually became the Prime Minister of Britain, and no matter how many times he lied or how much money he stole from British voters, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, large numbers of them still thought he was a great guy.


[image source, which actually has a slightly different version of the joke]

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin