Sunday, June 3

Blogroll Highlight: Ace of Hearts


Actually, it's Ace's Mommy's blog. Stacey and I "met" at a Pro Life group on Yahoo ages ago, and she and I have kept in touch here and there over the years. Her blog chronicled her pregnancy and the birth of Ace, and now she chronicles a lot of her everyday life.


And, by the way, when you go to check out her blog, be sure to remember Ace in your prayers. And put Stacey and Drew in there, too.


So go and visit the Housewife in Flip-Flops. And don't ask about the thong. (That must be a Southren thing - I'd never heard anyone call them by that name until I moved out of New Jersey.)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Ace's birthday is tomorrow!!! Unbelievable. I also can't believe you and I have known each other since Little Girl was in your belly!

So the thong thing. I wear flip flops, well, all the time. Every single day. I love them, I think they're the greatest shoes ever. Once, I made the mistake of wearing them into my boss' office. She didn't know I was wearing them because I didn't work in the same office as her, and I had no idea it'd be a problem. So I walked in there, she looked me up and down and said, "STACEY. I can't BELIEVE you came up in there wearing thongs. Get out of here before [her boss] sees you."

I was mortified. I, of course, thought she was talking about my underwear. I yelled right back at her, "I don't OWN any thongs! Why did you say that!??" She pointed at my shoes, and I learned a new word. I had never heard of flip flops being referred to as thongs before that day.

Stacey said...

Oh, and thank you for the prayers. My little man needs them. *hugs*

Christine the Soccer Mom said...

I have to update my intentions list, and I'll be sure to put Ace on it (specifically those in poor health for that time during Mass). But I'll remember your whole family because I know you two will need prayers, too. :)

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin