Monday, January 28

I'm Honored!

Heidi of the Mommy Monsters Inc. blog (how I love that name!) has nominated me as an excellent blogger! That's some high praise from someone who actually writes for a living, you know. Maybe I can be like Heidi when I grow up.

So here are the rules:

Recipients of the Excellent Blog Award must award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find "Excellent Award" worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want-even those that have received it already, but please award at least 10 people.


Oh, fun!

Here is my list:



  1. Jen at et tu? - I absolutely love her blog because it makes me think about the faith I grew up in. Plus, she's absolutely hysterical, especially when she writes about her house pets. If we lived closer, I'd invite her over for coffee or dinner or both.

  2. Red Neck Woman at Postscripts from the Catholic Spitfire Grill - Many of the same reasons I read Jen's blog here. Something about these converts is just so addictive for me! Plus, I get to see RNW say things on her homeschooling forums that I probably only wished I had the courage to say (even online). Oh, and this post here made me cry. I've been saving that to share with you guys, so now is as good a time as any.

  3. Julie D. of Happy Catholic - Julie is a book lover. And a movie lover. And she watches a lot of the same TV shows that I watch. More than once, I've taken her advice on a good movie or book, and I have yet to be disappointed. My latest Julie-recommended find? Rumer Godden.

  4. Rebecca at Mary Meets Dolly - I have highlighted Rebecca's blog more than once. Her blog focuses on bioethics from a Catholic perspective, and it's a wealth of information. If you find that she's been a bit busy and hasn't posed too much recently, just start going through her archives. Her blog helps me get informed on this "new" topic in the Pro Life movement, and as the head of our Respect Life Committee, I find it important to learn what I can about this so I can help inform others!

  5. Jean at Catholic Fire - I don't know how she does all she does, but I'm sure glad she does it! Jean keeps us up-to-date on Pro Life news, Church happenings, and more. It's like a treasure trove that pops up on my Bloglines every day!

  6. Christina at Confessions of a Hot Carmel Sundae - I started reading her blog because of the cute title, but stayed for the interesting insights on faith and family. Christina is a bit busy lately with a new baby, but when she posts, it's worth the wait. But if you want more news from her world, you can always read ...

  7. Joel, Christina's husband, at On the Other Foot - Joel is a nice guy with a wicked sense of humor. His blog isn't all that specialized - he covers all kinds of topics - but it's always a good read. He's got a lot of good political stuff lately, too.

  8. The Anchoress - Not that she'll ever see this, but I love reading her blog. It's a great mix of Catholicism, news, and politics. It's always nice to see someone who can blend all the areas of life without compromising her faith. Oh, and since she's a Yankees fan, she's automatically okay in my book. If she left me a comment on my blog, I'd probably fall down dead. ;)

  9. Kathy Jo at Barefoot Meandering - Homeschooler, libertarian, and ... farmer? Yep, Kathy Jo, proud Texan, and her passel of boys live on a farm now. I love her posts because they are always filled with great humor. I also love her updates on what they do in their homeschool. I've saved several posts just so I can refer to them when I get to a topic that she covers with her boys.

  10. Micki at Holy Cards for Your Inspiration - This blog has no real commentary. It doesn't really have heaps of content. What it does have is exactly what the title suggests: holy cards that will inspire you. I don't know where Micki finds the cards she puts up daily, but they are so beautiful. Usually, they are antique cards, often in French or Latin, with beautiful illustrations. When I see that and compare these cards with many of the more modern ones available, I feel a loss for these delicate and reverent cards. She's on my Bloglines subscription just for the nice, warm, squishy feeling I get when I see her posts each day.

I honestly could go on and on, since I have so many different blogs that I like to read, but I'll leave it there. These are just a few of my favorites. :)



Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah! Oh, yeah! I pick those, too! (Sorry Jen, Julie, and RNW ... I've learned so much about the faith from the three of you. You SHOULD have been on my list.)

For someone who writes for a living, I sure do let the details slide sometimes, don't I?

Blessings. Heidi

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Thank you so much!

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin