Friday, January 11

Books!

I was supposed to have written a review of Shepherds' Tale in December, but due to being smacked with the 2x4 God has with my name on it ("I said, 'Be still!'") and ending up in the hospital, I haven't written that review.

It's a-comin', though, and I am also working on finishing In the Shadow of Our Lady, about Blessed Mother Teresa's devotion to the Blessed Virgin. It's really wonderful so far, but I haven't sat with it in a bit.

Also, I am in the last part of In This House of Brede, which, after seeing snippets of it on Julie's blog, I finally started in on due to the big thumbs-up review Jeff gave it. (I actually started it in Barnes & Noble, got through the Prologue for it, and found myself in tears. I went to the library the next day and they found a copy in one of the other branches. I've been whipping through it since Monday afternoon.) I was up until midnight last night reading it. I've had "reading lunches" with the girls so I could keep it up.

I'd love a copy for my birthday. :)




Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

In This House of Brede is one of my FAVORITE books! It's just a wonderful book (and Rumer Godden has some other really good ones too, if you can find them, like The Kitchen Madonna and The Diddakoi). Savor it!!

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin