Monday, January 7

The Ask-Me-a-Ton-of-Questions Meme


I saw this meme at Adoro te Devote, and since I have an iPod and a cell phone, I thought I'd bite.


1. Do you wear a name tag at work? Nope. Kids know me, and so does my husband.

2. What kind of car do you drive? Tricky question, actually. I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Laredo) and a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country, but we are in the process of selling the latter. (Yes, the pretty shiny one I took a million pictures of. Know anyone who needs a really nice minivan?)

3. What do you order when you go to Taco Bell? I cannot tell you the last time I was in a Taco Bell.

4. Have you ever had a garage sale? Yup, right before we moved from Florida to Virginia.

5. What color is your iPod? White. It's exactly the same as the pope's, except I am relatively sure that the Holy Father does not have "Whipping Post" by the Alman Brothers on his. Or "Baby Got Back."

6. What kind of dog do you have? The invisible kind. Actually, the pop-up trailer was the dog for a while. The kids asked when we'd get one, and I said we'd spent the money on the trailer. "Pet it when you go outside," I quipped.

7. What's for dinner tonight? Chicken tenders from the crock pot, simmered all day in chicken broth, butter, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, and poutry seasoning. Smells lovely. Probably some ramen noodles, peas, and cranberry sauce with it.

8. What is the last alcoholic beverage you had? I can't remember if it was a beer or a glass of white wine. I've been alternating.

9. Stupidest thing you ever did with your cell phone? Um...tried to call someone while turning and did not notice that the oncoming car was NOT turning onto the street I was on. Totalled two vehicles in one shot.

10. Last time you were sick? Just before Christmas. See my post about that here, if you're glutton for punishment (or missed it and are morbidly curious).

11. How long is your hair? About three inches too short for Locks for Love and about three inches too long for me to do much of anything attractive with it.

12. Are you happy right now? Sure! Why not?

13. What did you say last? "Please go up and put away your pajamas. You left them all over the place this morning."

14. Who came over last? Several of Soccer Dad's co-workers for our Happy Happy Joy Joy Bowl Day Party.

15. Do you drink beer? Yes, but only the darker varieties.

16. Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted? No. My sister is three years younger than me. And I never said it to her, either.

17. What is your favorite key chain on your keys? My Sacred Heart badges. They all say to call a priest if I'm injured in an accident.

18. What did you get for graduation? A cruise with two of my friends. I went with two friends and came back with one. We did all come back together, but we had a MAJOR falling out over drinking on the last night of the cruise. Two of us were furious at the third girl. I sometimes wonder what happened to her.

19. Whats in your pocket? Um...my handsies?

20. Who introduced you to Dane Cook? Whoozat?

21. Has someone ever made you a Build-A-Bear? No, but my girls would LOVE to go to that place.

22. What DVD is in your DVD player? Upstairs: Star Wars: Return of the Jedi; Downstairs: "Christmas Gregorian Chant by Monastic Choir of the Abbey of Notre Dame de Fontgombault." Really.

23. What's something fun you did today? Helped Big Girl work on her free throws for basketball.

24. Who is/was the principal of your high school? Um...I forget! I know Mr. Musselman was the assistant principal and that his son played at least one season as a pitcher for the Toronto Bluejays. Can't for the life of me remember the head principal.

25. Has your house ever been TP'd? No, thank God!

26.What do you think of when you hear the word "meow"? That Meow Mix commercial where they sing it again and again.

27. What are you listening to right now? Little Girl bouncing up and down in her room.

28. Drinking? Nothing at the moment. Milk with dinner. A glass of wine after while I wait for Soccer Dad to get home.

29. What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart? mmmm...Probably the seasonal stuff, especially at the tail end of the season when it all goes on clearance. I picked up a nice tablecloth for next Christmas for $5 last week. I also really like the kitchen gadgets aisles. I like getting things to make cooking easier.

30. When is your mom's birthday? June 19

31. When is your birthday? April 29

32. What's the area code for your cell phone?540

33. Where did you buy the shirt you're wearing now? Actually, I am wearing my senior shirt from high school. I bought it at Toms River High School South. Twenty years ago. (I hope we have a reunion this year!)

34. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror? Air freshner, shaped like a soccer ball. Soccer Dad brought some home because a vendor left them for free at the office.

35. How many states in the US have you been to? Oh, I did this once. I think it was 21 or 22. I can't recall exactly.

36. What kind of milk do you drink? 1%.

37. What are you going to do after this? Eat dinner, get the kids to bed, watch football or basketball if I can find it.

38. Who was the last person you went shopping with? The girls. And I think Soccer Dad, too. Yeah...after Mass. I had to buy (ahem) foundation wear for Big Girl. A very distressing trip, to tell the truth.

39. What is your favorite fruit? Probably either grapes (best on Cheerios) or strawberries (best with sugar and cream). Unless you count chocolate. Can we count that?

40. What about your favorite dessert? Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. Must be green. Best with chocolate sprinkles. Yummy!

41. What is something you need to go shopping for? Milk, bread, mini peanut butter cups (for cookies). Probably more grocery stuff.

42. Do you have the same name as one of your relatives? Yes, I was named after my mother's two sisters, and my father's grandmother had the same first name as me. Imagine my surprise when I found the little prayer card from her funeral when I was about seven!

43. What kind of car does one of your siblings drive? Baby Sis drives a Chrysler Town and Country. Can't drive less than a minivan with three children!

44. Do you like pickles? Yes!!

45. How about olives? Yes

46. What is your favorite kind of gum? Cinnamon flavor. The hotter the better!

47. What is your favorite kind of juice? Orange, though I'm not so keen on it any more. Oh! Maybe V-8 instead!

48. Do you have any tan lines? To have tan lines one must first have a tan.

49. What hospital were you born in? Womack Army Hospital.

I tag anyone who has sold a car in the last three months or is in the process of selling one now.

3 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

You don't go to Taco Hell?

The horror!!!

There's a Taco Hell within walking distance of my house...less than 1/3 of a mile away. So let's just say I order things there WAY more frequently than I'd care to admit ;)

Cath said...

We underwent the distress of 38 this weekend, too! I had the bad moment going into the dressing room to make sure we had grabbed the right size. My poor husband had to suffer through paying for the purchase. He hasn't recovered yet.

Christine the Soccer Mom said...

Barb, I haven't heard it called Taco Hell since I lived in New Jersey! :) Thanks for the memories!

Cath, I thank God that I knew how to measure for the foundation stuff. (I used to work in a lingerie department.) I didn't get anything complicated, just what looks like a very short cami. But it came in sizes, so I measured. Soccer Dad was nearby (back turned) as I measured and said, "Okay...26 inches, add four inches. You need a 30. Don't ask me why we add four because I don't know. We just do." Very big laughs, that. Really, it's just for when she plays sports and gets too hot with an undershirt (tank). But it's still kind of weird. She's only nine!

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin