Wednesday, August 1

Another Update on My Aunt

I requested prayers late last week for my aunt, and gave an update here. Yesterday, my uncle sent an email to the family to tell us that she was improving very quickly and would be moved to an inpatient therapy center as soon as the insurance mess was cleared up. The doctors felt very positive and felt like the surgery had gone very well. They were awaiting the biopsy to see where things stand before deciding on their course of action, though; what kind of follow-up treatment would depend upon the results of said biopsy.

My father called me twenty minutes ago to tell me that they got the biopsy back.

Stage Four Cancer.

Aggressive treatment is where the family is going with this, but the doctors haven't any idea how much time she has at this point. As another uncle (her oldest brother) said, "It could be a week, it could be a month, it could be a year."

My family and I cannot thank you enough for the prayers you have said for my aunt until this point. Please continue to pray for her and for her family. She is the fourth of six children, her 53rd birthday is this December, and her oldest son and his wife are expecting their first child - her first grandchild - in two month's time.

When my father, the number three child, was seven years old, he came home from parochial school and told his mother that his class had learned about how the Blessed Mother presents our petitions to Jesus for us, and that the things she asks for us are given to us by God very, very often. Each child in class presented a small note with a petition to put in a basket to present to the Blessed Mother, and they all asked her to pray for their petitions. When asked by his mother what his petition was, my father, not even realizing that his mother was pregnant, answered, "I asked her for a baby sister." This is his only sister, born just after he asked Mary to pray for him to get one. I am worried about my dad, who was very broken up when I spoke to him on the phone tonight.

I am also worried about my grandmother, who will learn of this tomorrow morning from her two youngest sons. Please keep her, especially, in your prayers tonight and tomorrow because this is likely to devestate her. I worry about Nana anyway, but this is going to hit her very, very hard.


Father in Heaven, if it is Your will, please provide for my aunt to be healed in body. If this is not Your will, please provide for her any necessary healing in her soul. Holy Spirit, please cover our family with Your love and protection. Lord, help us to accept Your perfect and holy will.

Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven, pray for us.
Saint Peregrine, pray for us.
Saint Luke, pray for us.
Saint Elizabeth, pray for us.
Saint Anthony, pray for us.
Saint Joseph, pray for us.
Saint Michael the Archangel, protect us.

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to the Father...



Thank you in advance for your prayers.


Christine

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin