Monday, January 26

March for Life

Our whole family went to the March this year.  Below are some pictures from the March.  First up is the sign that Big Girl designed and Little Girl helped paint and carry.


As you can imagine, there were plenty of signs begging President Obama to not sign FOCA if it is passed.  (And asking, naturally, Congress to not even pass it to begin with.)


Travel Man had not been to a March before and was overwhelmed by the youth of the crowd.  Make no mistake - Pro Lifers are not a bunch of old people who want to stomp on everyone's fun! ;)


EWTN was there, as usual.  (In fact, we managed to be on TV - AND SEEN by our friends with whom we stayed - as we marched up Constitution Avenue.)


It was a beautiful day.  Clear, breezy, but in the mid to upper 40's.  I'll never forget that my first year marching it snowed more than 6 inches!  


There were plenty of signs that used the president's own words to point out the hypocrisy of his position on abortion.  (Bob Dornan's speech was magnificent in this respect!)  I'll post these pictures a little later, in another post, becuase Blogger is not being friendly about allowing me to upload right now.




2 comments:

SQUELLY said...

Great- I used to go on marches with my family when I was little. My Mum asked me recently if I had minded and I said not at all! I loved it! It was great fun and there was always a lot of kindness and other kids to play with. I am glad this tradition carries on.

Anonymous said...

God Bless You and Everyone who was able to participate in the Marches For Life!

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin