Wednesday, April 9

Thank You, Saint Clare!

I'm getting into the home stretch of my class. We've now gone over all of the hardware and software information, and we're getting into how to use the computer systems to take orders plus rules, regulations, etc. I'm learning some interesting things, too. For instance, did you know it's illegal to sell an extended warranty over the phone to a Floridian? It's against the law. Weird stuff. Also, if someone in California buys a display that's more than, I think, 5 inches (!!), they have to pay a recycling/disposal fee. Totally nutso!


Anyway...


I thought I'd never learn about Macs in such a short time. I have DREAMT about computer technical specifications for two weeks! Last night was the first night in a while where I didn't - instead I dreamt I was trying to escape an evil bad guy made of gold who was paralyzing innocent citizens. I woke up my horse, who was a man when he was asleep but turned into a horse when I told him to get up so we could quietly escape, put on a saddle (which was imaginary or invisible), and hopped up on his back to make a run for it. Then I couldn't get him to run, though he did still talk. He kept telling me that he was running. Ha! It was a slow, strolling walk! How would I escape the golden guy and get help if the horse didn't run faster!?


Then the alarm went off.


Whew!


Last night, though, before going to sleep and dreaming of golden guy and talking man-horse, I asked Soccer Dad if he was nervous before starting his first shift at (then) Discount Auto Parts down in Florida. "Were you worried - needing to know all the parts, what they were for, etc., added in with customer service and how to check people out and all?" (Soccer Dad started with DAP nearly 18 years ago as a part-timer whose two goals were to pay for college and to pay for beer. He's now a national trainer.) (Just kidding about the beer - kind of. I'm sure food was in amongst the things he wanted to buy.)


He smiled and answered, "Yes."


Again, I say whew! I am SO nervous, even though we'll role-play and I'll be coached heavily in my first week of calls (which will be a lot fewer than the 20 hours per week I'll be contracted to do). I am worried about finding what I need in a timely manner, helping people find their solutions, etc. Sometimes I feel like my learning curve is not what it could be.


On the other hand, I look back at all the information that I've gathered in the last two and a half weeks, and I'm amazed! Each day, I have asked Saint Clare to pray for me so I can learn what I need to and do this job when the time comes. And she's really prayed for me - I can tell.


Thank you, Saint Clare!





Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin