Tuesday, April 15

Misc.

~Class is nearly over, homework had lightened up, and now I need to do roleplaying calls with class members for two hours each day so I can get familiar enough with the system that I don't freak out and mess up next week. (Next week is certification week on the phone - real customers placing real orders.) I am a wreck about it.



~Big Girl's soccer team is having team pictures today (God willing, if the weather holds out). I found this out last night at 8:45 p.m. Her shirt is in the laundry right now. And then I'll have to wash it again by Friday. That goes great with the above-mentioned item, huh?



~I feel like I need to be cloistered with all the prayers I've been asked to send up. (And I am happy to pray for everyone, mind you!) For instance:





  • Today, my friend is back in court with her husband, who is pushing for custody. And making her go to work to support him. And putting their heretofore homeschooled children in public school. I am praying that the judge can make a right decision, for God's will, and that God's will be that my friend retain custody of her children. Oh, and that the children are protected in body, mind, and soul during this horrible ordeal.


  • Another friend is buying her first home this week, and has asked for prayers that all goes well. Her husband has been working like mad since they moved here, and he's got a bad cold. It'd be nice if he wasn't sick when the start actually moving at the end of the week!


  • Another friend is entering the third year since she and her husband started adoption proceedings. Their son is in Guatamala, and we all pray that he will be allowed to come home (meaning here) soon. (I've seen pictures - what a cutie!)


  • Another of my friends has asked for prayers for her unborn baby, who doesn't seem to be doing well. I have been praying fervently for her child, especially since she lost a baby last summer. Lord, please allow the baby to grow healthy and to live with her family here on earth!


  • Of course, there's my aunt, whose tumor has shrunk a little but who is now running a high fever and has a respiratory infection. (Yikes!)


  • And then there's the usual stuff: that Soccer Dad is safe when he transforms to Travel Man on Sunday morning in the wee hours, that the girls are safe at their activities, that I am able to accomplish what I need to in this class while still performing my duties as a wife and mother, etc. Plus those prayers for the Holy Father: that he is safe during his journey here to America, that the Church listens - really listens - to him and heeds his message. (And that includes me, my friends.)


Sometimes I see the attraction of cloistered life: time to pray for everyone, give each prayer the time it deserves, and really focus on God. I know that God called me to be a wife and mother, but that stop-all-things-and-pray is so attractive. If I could just discipline myself to do this in my own life (like some people have done)...



~On a lighter note, though, I finally got word of my high school reunion. (20 years!) Toms River High School South's graduating class of 1988 will be having a reunion on November 29. (Hooray!) I'm relatively sure I will need to work for Apple on Black Friday, so it's probably going to be a very quick trip up and back for the reunion. I'll be sure to make time this summer to visit with my Nana (same town) this summer and go swimming at IBSP while I'm there.












Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin