Wednesday, April 23

Sure, I Taught Her That...

Yesterday, I fielded a call from someone in California who was looking for a store. I didn't know where the city she called from was, so I wound up Googling to find that she lives near LA. I was telling my friend that I didn't really know California geography well. "I can never remember if LA is in the north or south of the state," I laughed.

At that moment, Big Girl walked in the room and announced, "Mom, LA is in the southern part of California."

Huh?

I told my friend on the phone about her comment, then added, "And I always get confused about if LA and San Francisco are near each other, too."

"No, Mom," Big Girl put in again, "San Francisco is in the north of California." To demonstrate, she pointed at an invisible map in the air. "San Francisco is here, Los Angeles is here."

I burst out laughing and asked, "How on EARTH do you know that?"

"I like to read my atlas." Then she looked at me as if to say, "Why don't YOU know that?"

Honestly, I just love the way they can't stop reading everything in the house. Today, Big Girl was out of books and we hadn't been to the library yet, so she picked up a copy of The Scarlet Pimpernell and started perusing it during lunch.

She's a bit annoyed that I won't read Tom Sawyer except for when Little Girl is in dance class, too. Thank goodness I'm signing her up for Summer classes! We'll get an hour in each week then!





Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin