Friday, April 11

Seven Random Facts Meme

Heidi tagged me! (I'm so excited!) I'm short on time today, so let's get started.

Here are the rules:

  • 1. When tagged place the name and URL on your blog.
  • 2. Post rules on your blog.
  • 3. Write 7 non-important things/habit/quirks about yourself.
  • 4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.
  • 5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.

And here are my seven random facts, in no particular order:

  1. I did not drink - nay, I did not even like coffee until we went to Alexandria, Virginia, in November 2006. I could stomach a little coffee if I had a pound of sugar in a typically-sized cup, but I normally didn't like it. But I had discovered that I liked Starbuck's Frappacinos - does anyone else remember that Dana Carvey stand-up thing about them? - and so when we were getting ready to go to the Metro the first morning on vacation, Soccer Dad told me to go into Starbuck's with him for coffee. "All I like is Frappacino, and it's cold," I complained. "Try a mocha. Hey, they've got the hot Peppermint Mochas - like the special Frappacinos you like!" It was like drinking a warm thin mint cookie! I now drink close to half a pot a day, and more lately, in spite of the Lenten fast from it. (I need to be awake for class until midnight!)
  2. I hate coconut. Detest it. Well, unless it's in a drink with pineapple (which I also hate) and rum. Somehow the three together isn't too bad. ;) But, anyway, back to coconut. We were walking through Sam's the other day, and Soccer Dad saw a coconut cake, and at the same time as I was saying, "That looks repulsive!" he cooed, "Oh, that cake looks so delicious!" I smiled and said that if he gets a lot of coconut-loving friends to come over, I'd learn to bake a coconut cake. (Maybe I'll surprise him with coconut cookies one of these days.)
  3. Except for the fact that they're crowding my tulips at the moment, I actually don't mind dandelions all that much. Let's face it - they grow without much prompting, they are pretty, they're fun to blow seeds from, and you just plain can't kill them. When I was a girl, our neighbors' yard had nary a dandelion in it, but ours had lots. We had actually bought the house from said neighbors because the gentleman's father had lived there until he passed away. And that father was part of the reason we had dandelions; he liked dandelion wine! LOL! So even though Mom and Dad did put down weed killer, Mr. Lacatena's father's dadelions were with us to the end. Honestly, I think I will just give up trying to get rid of them. Already, my lawn is dotted with them.
  4. I cannot seem to keep my desk clean. I'll clean it up so I can see the top of it, and then it seems to be just as bad within two days. It's very frustrating, and I'm hoping that once I'm finished with my online class, I'll be able to get it cleaned off again. But I have a serious problem with being a pilot lately. Pile it here, pile it there.
  5. Life seems to have come to a screeching halt because of that class. School has been very light, with concentration only on religious education and Greek Mythology. I do admit, though, that Big Girl wrote a wonderful essay on the children resulting from the marriage of Gaea and Pontus, bringing the line to Triton. And Little Girl did her best to do the same with the much-more-difficult line of Gaea and Unranus (including the children of Cronus and Zeus). We'll probably read some stories today, and school will be more normal once I'm finished with my class next Friday. In spite of the fact that we do some kind of schooling year-round, I feel incredibly guilty about this. Never mind that they are ahead of their peers in a lot of ways. Guilt reigns!
  6. I have been dreaming about computers and technical specifications for Apples for more than two weeks. Last night, I dreamt that I had to start taking phone calls, but that I was using my VOIP headset instead of the one for my phone, and then my times were changed and put off for a week. (Think I might be nervous?) Interestingly enough, I actually have been able to understand the material better after these dreams, though I cannot remember much specific about them.
  7. I go through periods of cravings where I cannot get enough of something, and then I burn out on it. It's very strange. Right now, I'm very into Tomato Basil Wheat Thins. I'll scarf down a box in two or three days, then finish off my regular box (they are good to snack on during my class), and go off and buy more. I cannot figure this out. I think I've got an addictive personality or something. But I haven't burned out on the Tomato Basils yet. I'm sure it's coming, and when that happens, I'll look back and wonder what was that about?

Okay, tagging time! It's hard to pick seven favorite bloggers, but I'll try (and I hope I'm not tagging someone who's already done this):


Now I'm off to see what the popsies are up to.


Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

1 comment:

catholicandgop said...

Thanks for the tag, I'll get to it today. :)

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin