Tuesday, April 15

News from Texas: A Mix

My aunt and uncle sent out updates late last week, but I was just swamped with family activities and classwork and haven't posted updates yet. I got two from Texas and one note from my uncle (my father's babiest brother), who lives in Maryland. The Maryland post came in the middle, so I'll post all three in chronological order for you.


Again, I thank you all for praying for my family. This has been really hard on everyone, and the prayers lift up my aunt and uncle and my grandmother (especially).


*************************


Howdy, all.


This will be short because I'm pretty pooped but also because the latest info can be captured in relatively few words.


We got awesome news today during our visit to MD Anderson in Houston. B****'s most recent MRI (yesterday) shows that the tumor has gotten smaller. The combination of chemo + antibodies has affected the tumor's efforts to develop blood vessels, and it looks like it's shrinking. She has had one "cycle" of the combined drugs (3 infusions, two weeks apart, administered in ******* [ed: their home town]) and will start the next cycle this coming Monday. B***** says that going in for the treatment this coming Monday will be very easy, now that we know that it's effective.


Every day is a gift from God, but today is one that calls for more celebration and thanks than usual. Miracles come in many forms, and we may be receiving one now.


Love one another.


B****, B*****, and the boys


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Everyone,

I am B*******'s brother.

I would like to share a story with everyone from Wednesday morning.

I was traveling for work in Connecticut and went to breakfast at the Marriott hotel. After being seated I noticed four priests seated to my left, I said good morning. I then said grace and my morning prayer before opening my e-mails from the previous day. I immediately notice B****'s e-mail with an update on my sisters health. I started praying for good news. At the same time I also overheard the priests talking about examples and miracles with the power of prayer.

After this I started reading B****'s e-mail and when I got to the last line (Everyday is a gift from God, but today is one that calls for more celebration and thanks than usual. Miracles come in many forms, and we may be receiving one now.) one of the priests said "Miracles come in many ways. and prayer is the most comforting and important."


I started to get emotional and interrupt the priest breakfast and told them about my sister and the e-mail I was reading. I let them read B****'s words and they thanked me for sharing the news. they all said another prayer for my sister.


Two of the priest were visiting from the Philippines and one gave me a card with his photo on the front titled "Prayer for Healing". He asked me to keep it and I thanked him and read the card. My wife suggested I share this experience with my family. Please accept my apologizes if I have offended anyone with hitting reply to all. I just feel that everyone praying for my sisters health is family to me. I have scanned and attached the card from the priest.



Thank you all for your support and prayers for my sister, B****..


Believe in Miracles..


Sincerely,
G*********


-----------------------------------------------



Back on the roller coaster. B**** has a neutropenic fever and is in the hospital (St. **** Hospital in ********* [ed: their home town]) receiving antibiotics. She started running a slight fever late yesterday afternoon and I took her to the ER on the advice of the people at MD Anderson. The chemo has knocked her white blood cell count (and platelets) way down, so she doesn't have a strong immune system at this time. That's what the antibiotics are for, to take care of the infection (seems to be respiratory).


I will keep you all posted as time permits. Along with antiobiotics she needs rest, so I'll ask you to resist the temptation to call. Also, hold off on the flowers. The oncology ward tries to limit exposure to ??? so I think sending things for the room doesn't work too well. Let's hold off on that until she's OK and back at home, OK?


Keep those prayers coming.


Love, B****


==========================





No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin