Tuesday, April 1

SOLD!


If you please, say a quick prayer for us here in Virginy. I got a call for an offer on our van - it all sounds legit, and the guy seems very nice - but since Soccer Dad won't be here, I'll be handling a bunch of stuff on my own. I'm going to speak to my neighbors and ask for the husband to come over when the man arrives on Thursday, just to be sure.


The story is actually interesting. He and his family (he's got one in college, one in high school, one in late elementary school) were at Falcons Stadium and a tornado decided to go right over their beautiful 2005 Chrysler Town & Country!


As you can imagine, they've got no more minivan. Ours, apparently, is just like the one they had. And, in an effort to just get rid of the thing (and because after looking again, I realized the value has plummeted since the new minivans were introduced), I dropped the price yesterday.

And got the call from this guy the same day - mere hours after I'd made the adjustment. The price is well within what he's willing to pay past the insurance money he's got in hand.
Now, he's given me his name, phone numbers, emails, etc. in an effort to show me his honesty, as well as promised to FedEx a down payment for it. Hubby just wants to be sure all is legit, especially the cash payment part. (We'll be depositing it directly, and I'll even be making a phone call to pay off the vehicle.)


Anyway, I guess I'm nervous, but also excited. That is a big load off our shoulders, getting rid of the payment. HUGE load off.


And if we follow Dave Ramsey's plan, we can get rid of the debt quickly (even moreso now) and eventually get a different van. But even if we never get one just like this, remember: it's JUST STUFF. Therefore, it's unimportant.


Now ... I'm off for breakfast.





Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin