Thursday, April 3

I Can't Believe It!

I just made an iMovie on my Mac mini after reading about iLife, watching a few tutorials, then doing one quick (as in under a minute) project in my online class tonight.

I created a slideshow with music, artistic fades between shots, and a title and credits.

In. Under. An. Hour.

First time, y'all.

Let me tell you something. Four years ago last Christmas, we bought a digital camcorder and got software with it to edit movies, etc. The software was NOT the full version. I paid nearly $500 for this camera (it was one of the best non-DVD ones then, and the DVDs were so new that they were closer to $800 for the cheapest ones at the time). But I BOUGHT the dang thing! And the software they gave me with the camcorder was not the full version. Not only did it not do everything I hoped it would do (that it was advertised to do), but it was also so difficult to use that I haven't ever actually edited anything.

Just wait until I load them up and play with them in iMovie.

Y'all need to get Macs, people. They are WAY easy to use.

Did I mention the original musical score I created with a four-piece bluegrass-sounding band?

If you already have my e-mail, drop me a line and I'll send you the link. If not - well, sorry. I'll make one without the kids and put it on YouTube. (Yeah, you can publish straight to YouTube from iMovie '08.)

Now to save up for a Mac...





Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin