Wednesday, December 26

Trust

After my hospital stay, I have been VERY skittish about eating and my digestion tract. Besides the fact that, after being so sick, nothing seemed appetizing to me, I was also nervous about every little off-feeling in my stomach or any lack of ... ahem ... movement in the general natural actions of my body. Yesterday, while visiting Madonna House at their annual Christmas open house, I suddenly felt better than I had in a while. I felt GOOD!!!


Eating wasn't a problem for the rest of the day, and drinking wasn't, either. And my gastro-intestinal system seems to be doing just what it's supposed to do.


I have decided that God is helping me learn to trust. Because there is absolutely nothing I can do to prevent my intestines from playing balloon animal again, I must trust in God's infinite mercy that He will protect me. And also trust that, if it is His will, I will be sick again.


It can be scary. But I am becoming more comfortable with it. I'm looking at it differently than I used to, you see. I am going to look at this as an opportunity to offer my suffering with Christ on the Cross, to make a gift to my Father in Heaven! If it is God's will that I suffer like that again, I will look at it as a gift and I will offer it to Him for whatever intentions Christ wishes. I will strive to imitate Saint Paul.







No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin