Rules of this meme:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself that you think most people don't know.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Hmmm...I've done similar memes, so let's try to come up with something new here. :)
- I am terribly insecure. I beat myself up for past mistakes, even small ones that make no difference to me or anyone else (and that I am sure no one else remembers) for years. Literally. For example, I have a clear recollection of doing something outrageously idiotic (okay, it's probably not that idiotic, but go with me here) when working part-time in a department store. In Florida. Part time. In 1995. When I remember it, even now, I cringe and feel sick. Two people whom I've never seen again were the only witnesses - oh, gosh, I just thought of security cameras! - and I still get an upset stomach when I remember it.
- Well, that last one was cheery, no? How about something lighter than that? I have been to every state on the East Coast of the US except Maine. I'm pretty sure I've been to New Hampshire, that is. If not, make it two states on the East Coast. All by car, too.
- In 1987, I attended a Summer Session at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. It was great, I met lots of interesting people, and learned that Top Gun is a completely different movie when viewed in the presence of about 150 midshipmen.
- I have always known that I wanted to be a mother. I considered becoming a nun once, but it was short-lived, and I thought that maybe if I became a widow, that would be when I entered a convent. (I also wanted 45 children until I found out how they were born! LOL! Oh, and I told my mother I would be her maid - or so she says. I didn't sign anything. I'm going to get my kids to sign something if they say that.)
- I have mailed Christmas cards to my entire family - aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins - since I was 16 years old. I would by the cards myself, buy the stamps, and write a personal note inside each one of the cards. I'd lick those envelopes and stamps, too. Every year. It's only been in about the last five years or so that I think I started getting cards from them even before I mailed their cards (or, in recent years, letters).
- I am woefully slow when it comes to certain ... ahem ... innuendos. For example, Soccer Dad and I watched the video for David Lee Roth's "California Girls" when researching his Halloween costume. (Oh...I should so post pictures of him as Diamond Dave!) We got to the "...midwest farmers' daughters..." part - you know, with the girl peeling the ear of corn with the "come hither" look on her face - and I didn't say anything. I'd seen it a million times. Then, about two hours later, it hit me what that was all about. I kid you not. I am 37 years old, and I am just getting that. Soccer Dad thinks that is hysterical.
- Okay, this is sort of scary to admit to people who, in all possibilities, could be actual writers who get paid. I am in the process of writing a children's book about a girl who is in a homeschooling family with 17 children. I am testing it out on my nine year old, who is the same age as the narrator, to be sure vocabulary is about where it should be. And I'm having fun with it, and my girls love the story so far. And I hope one day it will be good enough to see about getting it published. And that's something I haven't told but about three people outside of Soccer Dad and the girls. (See how priviledged you all are?)
Tags...for seven. Let's see... How about:
- Regular Guy Paul
- Former Old Dominion Resident Jay
- One of my favorite converts, Jennifer
- My amazing husband, TravelMan (yes, he's Soccer Dad here, but he's got a new blog ready to go for next year)
- Tony of Catholic Pillow Fight
- Busy-With-School Sunny
- Lovely British Mom of 10, Jackie
Hope this isn't a second tag for some of you. I'll try to get around to drop notes in your com boxes tomorrow. (Let's see how many of those people read my ramblings on a regular basis.) For now, it's MAGIC TIME! (ESPN, basketball Friday, Orlando vs. Charlotte)
Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.