Thursday, October 5

The Truth

I have sitting on my desk a copy of the DVD "The Truth" by Father Larry Richards. I listened to his Confession CD a couple years ago and just love listening to him. He says at the beginning of the DVD that everyone is probably thinking that he doesn't look like he sounds (he gets that a lot), and I actually thought that when I went to the site for The Reason for Our Hope Foundation to check out the information there.

I just finished watching this video and thought it was really wonderful. Father Larry is quite a dynamic speaker, and he just has a terrific way of getting through to me.

One of my favorite parts of the talk was early on when he was talking about God loving each of us because we are precious to Him. He likened it to our grandmothers, who try to give us money while we play "the game" of not accepting it right away. He said that one time his grandmother did this and while he was trying to turn her down, she started to cry. "You hurt me when you don't let me give you gifts," she said. (Is it possible we have the same grandmother?) While meditating on Scripture passages telling us how God loves us (we are His and precious to Him), Father Larry thought of God crying much like his grandmother did.

"You hurt Me when you don't let Me give you gifts."

Wow.

Now that I've watched this, I am thinking of asking Hubby to take a look and see if he can get it to his boss, who is a fallen-away Catholic. Actually, his boss has been going to a Baptist church lately and is getting all kinds of anti-Catholic ideas fed to him (the Church doesn't follow the Bible, etc.), and Hubby has been praying for him and witnessing to him. It's interesting that my husband, the man who claimed to be athiest a mere fifteen years ago, is now witnessing and teaching someone who was raised Catholic about the truth of the Catholic Faith.

I think that anyone who has questioned whether Catholics are Bible-believing Christians need to take a good look at this DVD.

You can order this and many other resources at the website for The Reason for Our Hope Foundation, plus you can make a straight-out donation (that is also tax-deductable). There, you can also listen to a wonderful story about the man from Crete.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin