Tuesday, October 31

Bob and Larry Unbound!

Phil Vischer is reporting on his blog that NBC hasn't asked for references to God and the Bible to be edited out of the next few episodes to air (which include Madame Blueberry and King George and the Ducky). He has no idea why they decided to leave them be, but I think it's a good thing. Thank You, Lord!

Also, in case you missed it, NBC will also refrain from airing Madonna's mockery of the crucifixion. Maybe they realized that pre-emptively cutting God out of a children's cartoon when nary a peep was made about it while leaving in what nearly 800,000 people complained about because it mocked God was a kind of contradiction. I know that when I wrote to NBC about Madonna's performance, I asked them about the two things while also asking them why they seemed bound and determined to purposely offend such a large portion of their viewers.

Who knows? Maybe enough people pointed that out to them. I know I couldn't possibly have been the only one to do so.

1 comment:

Ray said...

I heard a recent interview with Phil where he doesn't specifically address changes NOT asked for by NBC. He does however talk about the amazing reception that he has received in pitching a new animated movie to Universal. I believe the quote was something like, "Phil, are you sure this script is Christian enough?" He said he was blown away.

You can listen to it at:

http://www.lifewaystores.com/podcast

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin