Friday, October 13

Happy Birthday Big Girl!

This Sunday, October 15, will be Big Girl's eighth birthday. I find it hard to believe that she really is eight! It seems like just a short time ago that I held her in my arms for the first time.

And her born-again birthday is October 18, too. That was the day she was baptized into God's family.


I love my Big Girl so very much! She is smart, funny, and kind. She strives to do what God wants of her. Her personality is so distinct, too. She and her sister are just alike in some ways, and they get along so well, but she is also very, very different. For example, for Halloween last year, she was a mummy and Little Girl was Cinderella. This year, she is going to be a spider (Shelob, actually, though she hasn't read LOTR yet), and her sister will be Saint Scholastica (because we have a nun's habit I made in black, and Scholastica wore the black Benedictine habit). Little Girl twirls around in dance class, happy as can be, and Big Girl played touch football with the boys at the co op today and soccer in the homeschool rec league this evening.


I'm so proud of her! What a wonderful blessing my Big Girl is to me!


Happy birthday, Big Girl! I love you so very much! I can't wait to see how you grow up in grace and stature!

The Lord bless you and keep you.
The Lord lift His countenance upon you
And give you peace.
The Lord make His face to shine upon you
And be gracious unto you.
Amen.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin