Thursday, October 5

My Own Thoughts on the AP Article

I read the article, obviously written to put the women who signed the petition and Ms. magazine itself in the best light possible, and one story really stuck out for me.

Tyffine Jones, 27, of Jackson, Miss., said she had no hesitation about signing _ although she lives in a state where restrictions on abortion are tough and all but one abortion clinic has been closed.

Jones said she got an abortion 10 years ago _ enduring harassment from protesters when she entered the clinic _ in order to finish high school. She went on to become the first member of her family to graduate from college, and hopes at some point to attend law school.

"I wanted to do something bigger with myself _ I didn't want to be stopped by anything," she said in a telephone interview.


As a mother, I find this kind of insulting, as though what I am doing is something small. My sister had a friend who got pregnant when she was 16. She not only married her boyfriend (and wound up having other children, too), but also finished high school. Her life was not ruined by her son's birth. And, in spite of the fact that the boy died when he was about ten or so (he had cancer), her life was better for him.

I can't stand the way these pro abortion feminists pit mothers against their children. They say that if you have children then your life isn't worth as much, you aren't doing as much, are not doing something as big as the women who abort. My sister got pregnant when she was floundering in college and living on her own. She moved back in with my parents, buckled down and got an RN degree. She now works at one of the best hospitals for women and children in the nation, assisting OB's with delivering babies. She got married three years ago and is expecting her third child. Her oldest daughter, my god-daughter, was one of the biggest blessings in her life.

What abortion does is make it easy for parents to dump their children, and I'm not just talking about the aborted babies, either. I'm talking about adults with daughters who get pregnant. Instead of being forced to help their daughters, parents now have the option of tossing her out if she doesn't have an abortion. Parents don't have to do anything to actually ASSIST their pregnant and scared girls - they can merely tell them to abort.

Total abdication. This is what birth control and abortion has brought us, people. Children are the mistakes you make when you fail to obstruct the natural purposes of your reproductive systems. Children are "wanted" and "unwanted" now. They are a commodity. They are expendable. They are things to want, get, have or not want, get, have.

God help us all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Is it possible for my sister and I to use your post about the Ms. Petition in our magazine for Catholic girls, Saint Maria's Messenger? If so, do you have anything else to add to your thoughts about this petition before we put it in our magazine. Our magazine is for girls ages ten through teen and the article will be for our regular feature, SMM Catholic Reporter. The feature is a place where we take a recent event in the world and put it in a Catholic perspective and at Catholic girls level. Please let us know. We thank you very much! God bless! Our email is saintmariasmessenger@yahoo.com

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin