Thursday, October 5

Beautiful Post at Dawn Eden's Blog

Tragic Christian writes a reponse to the Ms. article that has women admitting to their abortions, highlighting the one the AP picked out (most likely because it will probably be viewed more sympathetically): a woman who aborts her imperfect child diagnosed prenatally with Down's.

Here's a sample, then I expect you'll want to click on over and read the rest:

From the AP story about Ms. Magazine's abortion petition:

Another signatory ... described her difficult decision last year to have an abortion after tests showed that she would bear a son with Down syndrome.

"I felt it was my right to make the decision, but having that right doesn't make the decision any easier," she said. "It was the hardest decision I've ever made"...


I'm a man, so I'm not supposed to have an opinion about abortion. Instead, let me tell you about the wonderful morning I had yesterday, taking my 2-year-old daughter Dot to speech therapy and physical therapy. Her major interest right now is reciting the colors (which she does in English and American Sign Language, yet) and reciting the names of her boyfriends in her early start toddler class ("Edgerrrrr! Androooo!") and informing me they wear "backpacks." She waved at everyone she saw that day with a cheery "Hello!" and smiled a gap-tooth smile under her mop of red hair. They smiled and waved back. What a cutie!

Oh, sorry — she has Down Syndrome. Reboot. Let me try again:

Bringing her to term was obviously a big mistake! What a tragedy SHE is! How inconvenient for everyone involved! We can't possibly get her into advanced placement classes, or an Ivy League college! What'll we say to our neighbors? Better off just to make the "hard decision" to get rid of her. Ignore my first paragraph. Just forget I said anything ...

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin