Monday, October 9

My Kids Are SO Deprived of Socialization


Big Girl will be eight(!) this Sunday. We were trying to plan a birthday party for her, and it looks like we'll be having to have two parties. It seems that, when we count up her friends at our homeschool co-op and soccer and other places, we come up with more than 25 children to invite to her party.


You can tell that our homeschooled children just have no socialization at all, can't you?


When I was in elementary school (public school, mind you), I don't think there were 25 kids who would talk to me, let alone be good enough friends to be invited to my birthday parties. Heck, I'd be hard-pressed NOW to come up with that many non-family people to come to a party for me!


I have to agree with my friend, who likes to come back at the "socialization" question with this (she has six children, with her seventh on the way):


My children have five other kids around them at all times. I am the one without any socialization, not them!
My girls might not have that many siblings, but they certainly aren't lacking in friends!

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin