Thursday, March 6

Restoring Order to the Universe

**

I have been meaning to post this all week, but I kept forgetting. This quote by Hank Steinbrenner just made my day. And I heard it on SportsCenter, too.


“Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of [expletive] that is. That was a creation of the Red Sox and ESPN, which is filled with Red Sox fans. Go anywhere in America and you won’t see Red Sox hats and jackets, you’ll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. We’re going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order.”


Restore the universe to order. Yes, I look forward to that very much.


Just like I love the reason behind Joe Girardi's number. It has to do with the number of championships the Yanks have.



[image sources: Hank, Joe]


**Try as I might, I could not find a smiling picture of Hank. I really didn't want to use such a mug-shot-looking photograph, but I didn't have a lot of choice. If someone has taken a picture of the man in full-blown smile, I couldn't find it.



Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin