Wednesday, March 5

Home Life is More Fun When You Make It a Game

Soccer Dad and I have a very strange ritual. Neither of us wants to be the one to have to throw away the toothpaste. Mind you, it's not a big deal, and it was kind of a subconscious thing for a while. But now I treat it like a full-out game. The rules are thus: if you can get toothpaste out of the tube, you don't have to throw it away. So if I manage to squeeze out just enough to brush my teeth and leave it for Soccer Dad, he might have to throw away the tube and get the new one. Then I win!


I'm not completely sure if Soccer Dad actually plays the game or not. But I do, and that's what counts, right?


So the other morning (before he changed into his Travel Man superhero suit and left for another business trip), I found this in the garbage ...


... and this with the toothbrushes ...


... which means that I win again!



As he was taking out the new toothpaste, Soccer Dad asked, "If I throw away the old tube of toothpaste, did I win, or did you win?"

"I win. Because I made you do the work of throwing it away."

"Oh. " Pause. "This game is really strange."


Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

1 comment:

Sister Spitfire said...

Oh my goodness! This is too funny. Isn't marriage great!

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin