Sunday, March 23

Family Movie: Triduum Edition

We watched King of Kings over Good Friday and Holy Saturday, and I really thought I knew the actor who played Jesus from somewhere. His name is Jeffrey Hunter, but I couldn't quite place it. I went to IMdB and found this:



"Star Trek" .... Captain Christopher Pike (1 episode, 1966)... aka Star Trek: TOS (USA: promotional abbreviation) ... aka Star Trek: The Original Series (USA: informal title) - The Cage (1966) TV episode .... Captain Christopher Pike





That would explain it.



By the way, after watching The Passion of the Christ just before Good Friday services (while the girls napped), watching the rest of King of Kings seemed rather tame. It made me appreciate the acting as opposed to dramatic acting that was present in Gibson's movie. In King of Kings, everyone seemed pensive rather than devestated that Jesus was being tortured and killed. Sad faces, but no real tears.

But it was just fine for the girls. ;)

This Sunday's family movie: Arsnic and Old Lace, starring Carey Grant!











Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin