Tuesday, March 11

How Not to be a Success

I can't help but feel that I messed up big time by writing to the bishop. I find out that he doesn't like it when people write to complain about parish ongoings, and since I'd already done that, I am probably not on his "good parishioner" list now. Then in the fallout, I get resistance when I request help in promoting the brunch. The brunch is officially a failure, and I feel like it's my fault because we wrote.

Maybe I should just accept it as a cross and try to minimize things by being consistent with our religious ed at home instead of complaining and trying to change anything. I suppose it's ridiculous to think that much would get done about whatever situations. Probably best to just leave it alone, pray, and accept the cross. Apparently making waves only hurts RLC, which, in turn, hurts whatever mission we wish to accomplish.

So being quiet is the answer. I feel like such an idiot. I am seriously upset with myself for making it harder for RLC to do what we set out to do. Now we'll just have to hope and pray that our Mother-Daughter Tea won't get equally screwed up.





1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Don't beat yourself up over this. It may be that you have to turn this over to God's timing. Perhaps this is happening for a reason you have yet to see. And bishops (and their staff) are human too.

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin