Wednesday, September 12

Extraordinary Form of the Latin Rite on EWTN

On Friday morning, at 8:00 (until 10:00, says the schedule), EWTN will be broadcasting a Mass said in the Extraordinary Form of the Latin Rite (known prior to this as the Tridentine Mass). From what I can see on Dish Networks schedules, it will not be repeated at noon and seven, as usual, and so if you want to watch it, you’ll have to be sure to see it live or record it somehow. (I will be recording it on my DVR that morning so we can all four watch it that evening.)

In case you aren’t familiar with the Extraordinary Form, EWTN has a plethora of resources available to help guide you through this Mass. Go here to find printable materials, including the Holy Fathers “Summorum Pontificum,” released July 7, that gives priests permission to celebrate this Mass freely.

As for me, I’ve never witnessed this form, and I’m very excited about the ability to see what Mass was like when my father was growing up. J


1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Interesting, since I have never seen a Mass celebrated in this form either. And with that awful "Father Ryan" article published in my diocesan newspaper last week, it's not looking good that our Bishop will encourage it here. Thanks for the heads-up!

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin