Monday, December 1

Book Worm Meme

Jean tagged me for this.  I can play, but I'll leave a somewhat open tag at the end because I am swamped.  

************
The Rules:
Pass this on to 5 blogging friends. Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.

************
Okay.  Here goes with the quote.  It's from my Bible, which happens to be the closest book that isn't a product guide for software.  (Those aren't really books.)  If I would have had to turn around, I think I might have come up with schoolbooks, as there is a shelf full of them behind me.  LOL!  New American Bible, Saint Joseph Edition:

"Bring them to me," said his father, "that I may bless them."  (Now Israel's eyes were dimmed from age and he could not see well.)  When Joseph brought his sons to him, he kissed and embraced them.  Then Israel said to Joseph, "I never expected to see your face again, and now God has allowed me to see your descendants as well!"

Joseph removed them from his father's knees and bowed down before him with his face to the ground.  Then Joseph took the two, Ephraim with his right hand, to Israel's left, and Manasseh with his left hand to Israel's right, and led them to him.

(Genesis 48: 9b-13 - link is Douay-Rheims)

Now for that semi-open tag.  I tag anyone who is going to be participating in the National Night of Prayer for Life on the night of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.  Remember to leave a link to your post (not just the main blog link) in the com boxes below.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin