Thursday, May 1

Witty...

The other day, I was on the phone with a woman and extoling the virtues of Apple's Mighty Mouse. Later in the day, Little Girl asked me why it's called a "mouse".

me: Well, it's small, and the wire looks like a tail.

Little Girl: Okay, I see ... Hey! That means that the wireless Mighty Mouse is one of the Three Blind Mice!

*****************
At dinner one night, we were talking about someone being semi-good at lots of things, but not really good at one thing. Hoping that Big Girl had heard the old saying, I tried to draw the ending of my phrase from her...

me: You know..."Jack of all trades"? [blank stare from both children] *sigh* If you're a Jack of all trades, then you're ...

Big Girl: An idiot?





Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

1 comment:

Soutenus said...

Too funny! I am definitely a "Jack of all trades; Master of few!"
Idiot might be closer to the point. LOL

The word "idiot" reminds me of the word "clown." There is a great book called
The Clown of God by Tomie dePaola.
The message of the story seems to be that it is not what you can offer the Lord, but the spirit in which you offer it, that really matters.

Anyway, thanks for listening to the stream of thought your post sparked.
I am enjoying your blog!

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin