Sunday, May 11

Texas Update

My father arrived safely in Texas, and has been able to visit with his sister. My mother wrote about it a bit in an email:

[H]e got to talk with B***** and hold her hand. She was aware he was there and happy to have him there. She didn't talk much, it seems hard for her to find words. That is likely an affect of the Thorazine... that is powerful stuff. Mom said that she has told her several times that she sees Daddy and he is waiting for her. I believe that is really a great thing for Mom to hear. She feels comfortable that B***** will be with Dad.


"Daddy" is, of course, my grandfather, who passed away 13 years ago. I called my mom while she waited for her flight today, and she said my grandmother told my aunt that if she sees Daddy again, she should go ahead and go with him. And I can personally attest to the powerful effects of Thorazine, too.

In the meantime, Soccer Dad has again donned his Travel Man super suit, climbed into his new company car, and left for faraway lands. Not even fifteen minutes have passed since he pulled out of the driveway, and the girls and I will be playing games this afternoon to pass the rainy day together. He said that if the call comes about my aunt's passing, he'll get someone to cover his second two classes, if necessary, in order to drive us all to Texas for the funeral. At this point, we do not know what arrangements are made, if any, or when anything will happen. We're pretty much clueless. So we'll leave it up to God, and He will take care of it.

As always, I thank you for the prayers for my family. It means a lot to us all.







Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin