Wednesday, May 9

Bringing Flowers to the Fairest

This afternoon I made the crown we will use to crown the image of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday. I do hope it looks okay to people who are not me. I tried to choose flowers that symbolized our Blessed Mother: white for her purity, blue for her virginity, and red for her motherhood. (Blue and red were the colors for virginity and motherhood, respectively, in ancient Palestine.)

Here's a look at what I did. Please let me know what you think by leaving comments in the com boxes. (And be gentle if you think it looks bad. I'm kind of sensitive.)





The following two pictures are of the underside of the crown, which I tried to hide with wide ribbon that has wire down the sides. Hopefully, the mass of tangled wires that holds on the red and blue flowers won't be as noticable this way. :) The white flowers were all a part of the wreath that I bought, as were most of the leaves that you see. I figured that I'm not that artistically inclined, so I should start with a base that is mostly-done.




Like I said, I really am curious as to what it looks like to other people, and though I do want you to be honest, please be gentle if you want to criticize. And if you do have ideas on how to improve it a bit, then please pass that on.

Thanks, all!

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin