Tuesday, May 8

All's Quiet on the Homefront

Hubby is away. The girls are on vacation with my parents. I am alone until Thursday night, when Hubby comes back and I pick him up at the airport.

I have a lot to do to finish getting ready for the tea, but I am king of lonely. It's very, very quiet here. When I went to Wal Mart yesterday, I checked out in record time and didn't have to tell anyone to put the gum down because we have some or to stop running or stop mauling your sister or even yes, we are going to have a snack when we get home.


I really like being a mommy, you know. And I miss my family.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate it when my brood are away too!

the baby pictures are so cute..

God bless

Christine the Soccer Mom said...

Thanks. What is really funny is that Big Girl and I were just all in each other's faces for weeks before they left. We are both headstrong, and I struggle with finding a good middle ground in raising her. But we were just arguing a LOT.

I called her after her first night there, about lunch time, and she said, "Mommy, I miss you!"

Every conversation has been about how she wishes I were there with her. Makes me love her all the more, you know?

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin