Thursday, May 17

Book Meme

Esther tagged me for this one. Answer the questions and tag five people at the end.

How many books do you own?
Good Lord, am I actually supposed to count??? Let me estimate that one. The three shelves I have behind me have more than 300, and then there are the kids' shelves upstairs, the boxes under the stairs, and the ones strewn about the house in various places and in various stages of being read. I did not count manuals for stuff or atlases. It's easily in the neighborhood of 1,000 or so.

Book(s) I am reading now:
1. Witness to Hope
2. Island of the Blue Dolphins
3. The Bible (thanks to Understanding the Scriptures)
4. The Divine Comedy (just started it)
Books I've read recently:
1. The Little Princess, The Secret Garden, and Little Lord Fauntleroy by Francis Hodges Burnett (I actually read The Little Princess to the girls, and that is how I got started on that bender.)
2. Comrade Don Camillo
3. All of the Harry Potter books

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me:
1. The Holy Bible (The primary author is the Holy Ghost, or, as it is commonly expressed, the human authors wrote under the influence of Divine inspiration.)
2. Hail, Holy Queen (by Scott Hahn; it really made me understand and appreciate Our devotions to the Blessed Mother)
3. A Mid-Summer's Night Dream (yes, Shakespear; I read it in 7th grade and it made me understand how accessible the Bard really is - and how FUNNY!)
4. The Lord of the Rings (by Tolkien, of course!)
5. The Legend of the Three Trees (a children's book that never fails to make me cry)

Tags:
1. Jennifer
2. Red Neck Woman
3. Ma Beck
4. Kathy Jo (because she doesn't have enough to do after moving)
5. Rebecca

I might have completed this yesterday but for the awful headache and nausea that came over me (oddly enough, just as I should have been getting dinner for the kids so we could attend Mass).

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Thanks for the tag! I get so obsessive about these book memes, I'm sure I'll have to think about this for weeks before I can answer it. :)

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin