Wednesday, September 6

Modesty in Girls' Clothes

As a mother of two girls, this is something that I've been keeping my eye on carefully. As part of my vocation as a mother, I need to guard my daughters' purity and teach them how to do the same. These days, it's very difficult to find appropriate clothing for the girls, and by appropriate I mean not just modest, but also the "non-snarky" kind. We've all seen those shirts with cutsie sayings on them. Lately, they've been getting brattier and brattier.

Just this weekend while we were eating out, we saw a little girl about the same age as my older daughter, who is not quite eight. This girl was wearing a T-shirt that said:

1. I want it.

2. You buy it.

3. Any questions?


It was disgusting.

Now there's this. You can put this button on your blog and post a mission statement from Moms for Modesty. My button is posted, and here's the Mission Statement.






Moms for Modesty Mission Statement

As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.

  • I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
  • I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
  • I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
  • I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.


Click on the picture above or the link embedded into the post title to get information on how to post this mission statement and button on your blog.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin