Wednesday, July 9

Laughably Wrong

Soccer Dad and I watch CSI (original recipe only, please - Grissom is the reason we watch), and we were catching up on the shows we'd recorded during the regular season.  In one episode, there was a recurring theme in one case of "ground squirrels."  Seems that this neighborhood was infested with them, and two sets of neighbors bickered over how to best get rid of them (sound waves to drive them off versus arsenic, hold the old lace).  Throughout the show, they kept on imagining the situation (those who watch the show on a regular basis know what I mean).  They kept showing squirrels going in and out of holes in the ground - big holes, big enough for squirrels.  

Now, I am not a medical expert, so I can't tell you if the information they present medically on CSI is in any way accurate.  Please, if you are a doctor or nurse, comment and let me know how it measures up.  I have strong doubts now as to the accuracy of any medical facts presented on the show.  And it's all for one simple reason.

This is what the "ground squirrels" looked like on CSI:

Image-Common_Squirrel.jpg


This is what a ground squirrel actually is (which I know well, since my yard is infested with them):

Image-Tamias-rufus-001.jpg


Seriously, this is something so simple to discover, it makes it very hard to do anything but giggle throughout the show.  Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy ... 

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin