Saturday, July 21

Trauma

Mowing the lawn today was traumatic for me. As I mowed a part of the hill that hadn't been touched in nearly a month (due to a broken self-propelling wire and Hubby being busy with his Evan Almight Project), I heard a soft CHUNK under the mower. I backed up and noticed two baby bunnies running out from under the mower!!!

As I backed up frantically, trying to both cut the mower engine and not drop the still-turning blades on the remaining bunnies, I started to cry frantically.

One baby bunny was killed, and it was NOT pretty.

Needless to say, the rest of the hill isn't getting mowed today. I'll finish off the front yard, though, since I'm pretty sure the bunnies haven't moved in since I mowed it two weeks ago.



Christine

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh no!!!! I bet you feel horrible!! I'm so sorry :( *hugs*

Amy said...

Oh no! I am so sorry! I don't know if I could ever touch a lawnmower again after that!!
I am so so sorry!

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin