Thursday, April 26

Question on GIRM

After watching the video below, I am curious about something, and I will freely admit that I probably can find the answer in the GIRM but have not read through the entire thing.

After a regular Sunday Mass, it is ever permissible to strip the altar of all linens?

And, in addition, what linens are required as a minimum to be used on the altar?

I noticed in the video below, the priests never took the linen off the altar at the beginning, and I am wondering if the altar is supposed to be covered at all times with the obvious exception of after Holy Thursday Mass. I know that the altar is a symbol of Christ, and I suspect that it is inappropriate to strip it of all linens after every Mass (or after Holy Communion).

Anyone have any information on this topic?

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin