Wednesday, April 25

Mission Quest Thing for Children of Hurin


I was in Barnes & Noble to get First God-daughter a gift certificate for her birthday and saw the new Tolkien book! I hadn't even realized it was out yet, and there it was, 20% off, no less!

I realized with chagrin that I did not have our gift card for B&N, and that my card would have nearly covered the price of the book. Drat. I'd have to come back.

When I returned just four days later, there was not a copy to be found anywhere in the front of the store. It had sold out, and a new order had only just arrived and been logged in that day. In fact, the guys in the stock room didn't even realize that they'd received it!


Rather than have the poor customer service lady go digging for it, I asked if they could instead just hold a copy for me to pick up on Saturday, which is the first day of Educator Appreciation Week at B&N. During Educator Appreciation Week, teachers (PreK through 12) can get a special 25% off all purchases - not just classroom ones, which is how the discount usually works. (Just wait until we really get into literature with the kids. That discount will get used a LOT!) They are even offering a 10% discount on music and DVDs that week.


Homeschoolers, if you didn't know it, you can apply for the Educators' Discount at B&N, and you, too, can take part in the extra discounts. You might need proof of your homeschooling (which can be the local group's ID card or, if you are a member, an HSLDA card), but just sign up and they will let you get discounts on any classroom purchases year-round. Plus you'll get to use the discount on these special events for teachers.


So on Saturday, I'll be headed back to B&N to pick up my new Tolkien book, and I'll be getting 25% off, too! Such a deal has never been seen!

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin