Wednesday, October 17

The Man Meme

Seen at Amy's place, who saw it at Aimee's place.

(No, sweetheart, it's about my man, not for my man. Sorry.)



The Man Meme



1. Who is your man? Nathan

2. How long have you been together? 17 years on December 1

3. How long did you date? 3 years

4. How old is your man? 38

5. Who eats more? Definitely him.

6. Who said “I love you” first? Nathan can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he did. If not with the exact words (which is what I think, too), he definitely tole me in not so many words. I remember laying on the floor of his townhouse before we were even dating (I had another boyfriend at the time) and telling him about being a teacher. "I want you to teach my children," he told me. When I commented that he should live close to me for that to happen, he said, "I know. I want to live the next pillow over." If that isn't "I love you" in disguise, I don't know what is.

7. Who is taller? Nathan, by 6 inches.

8. Who sings better? Me.

9. Who is smarter? I think he is. We're both pretty smart, but he likes to tease me because I read slower than he does (it's not an easy feat to read faster than me). He calls me "Dullard" affectionately. :) Also, he would likely argue this answer, which makes him pretty smart.

10. Whose temper is worse? We are both slow to anger with each other, but I think his is a little worse than mine.

11. Who does the laundry? Me, but he irons his own clothes. He usually does a better job ironing because I have no patience.

12. Who takes out the trash? I do, except when I ask Big Girl to take it out. (Hey, being nine comes with special privileges!)

13. Who sleeps on the right hand side of the bed? Me.

14. Who pays the bills? Me, with the money he earns.

15. Who is better with the computer? Me.

16. Who mows the lawn? I do unless the self-propeller isn't working, then he does the half with the giant hill.

17. Who cooks dinner? Me.

18. Who drives when you are together? Isn't that just the man's job?

19. Who pays when you go out? Well, no matter who picks up the check, it's always the money he earned at work that pays for everything. Unless relatives send us money and we splurge by going out to eat.

20. Who is most stubborn? Um...toss-up there.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Another toss-up.

22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine, partly because my parents can't stay away from our children. (My mother is under the impression that the granchildren are her own children.) Also, my mom and dad live a lot closer than his mother.

23. Who kissed who first? I think we kissed at the same time. I might have made the move first, though. He did not argue.

24. Who asked who out? See number 6.

25. Who Proposed? Nathan, on December 4, for our anniversary, which he said he wouldn't do. Both knees, beautiful ring, totally floored me. Also, it was preluded by a nice poster of a Dodge Viper. (He probably could have asked me with that! LOL)

26. Who is more sensitive? That is actually hard to say. I cry much more easily, but he is a great big softie inside. I remember someone once said that men are like M-1 tanks. Very tough outside, hard to get into, but easy to break once inside. One stray elbow and you've destroyed a very pricey toy. I have to agree. I act more sensitive, but I know I could easily devestate Nathan if I weren't careful.

27. Who has more friends? He does, hands down. I'm an introvert.

28. Who has more siblings? Tie. We are both one of two children. Two boys in his family, two girls in mine.

29. Who wears the pants in the family? Hubby gave me a great card for our anniversary in August. The front reads "Happy anniversary from the one who wears the pants in the family..." and the inside reads "...to the one who picks them out." He's the head of the family, and I'm the neck. ;)



If the spirit moves you, go on and leave a link to your meme answers in the com boxes!

3 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

This looks like fun. I think I will play along. Mahalo Chris.

Amy Giglio said...

These are as much fun to read as they are to do!

Christina Martin said...

Ok, I did it. Thanks for the opportunity. It was a fun one.

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin