Tuesday, February 16

PW Loves Us All on Fat Tuesday

Oh, my. I might need to do this next year. Or on Easter. This is the full post (From Pioneer Woman's cooking blog) because I'm sharing straight out of Google Reader. And I'm lazy.

Cinnamon Bun Pancakes, and other Fat Tuesday Matters:

TPW_7998It’s Fat Tuesday, also known as Shrove Tuesday, also known as Mardi Gras, which means you get to eat and eat and eat all day today and you won’t gain even an ounce!


Wait…that’s not what Fat Tuesday means.


Okay, I remember now. Fat Tuesday is the day before Lent, the forty-day Christian season of prayer and fasting. Growing up, we called it “Shrove Tuesday” in our Episcopal church, and celebrated every year by having a big, fat, gnarly pancake supper in the parish hall. I loved the Shrove Tuesday Pancakes Supper more than anything. And it couldn’t have been simpler, as they only served two things: pancakes and link sausage. And I used to hide out in the kitchen, sneaking spare links here and there and stuffing them in my mom’s purse so I could have a late night snack when we got home, and…


Wait…did I just admit that?


Over on the Tasty Kitchen Blog, I just posted a step-by-step recipe for Cinnamon Bun Pancakes, submitted by Tasty Kitchen member sapeylissy. I served them two ways: with butter and maple syrup…




TPW_8009




And with a white maple icing…




TPW_7998


Here’s the recipe:


Cinnamon Bun Pancakes


If you’re serious about having a pancake supper tonight, here’s another Tasty Kitchen post from a couple of weeks ago, which contains many, many links for many, many different pancake recipe. Go crazy and make a couple of different varieties!


Pancakes Galore!


We’ll worry about penitence tomorrow.


Love,

P-Dub


As for our house, I'll be making pancakes and turkey bacon for dinner. The kids actually LIKE it better than pork bacon, they've eaten it so long. Sick, I know. Poor things.

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin