Tuesday, March 6

Sweet Stuff

My girls are such sweethearts, and their love for me is humbling.


A couple of weeks ago, we were in Wal Mart. It was time to nominate the Teacher of the Year. The girls saw the display and got very excited about it. Big Girl ran over and got a nomination slip. They read the rules and were dismayed that I can't be nominated because we homeschool. "You deserve to be nominated, Mommy!" they both insisted.


A couple of months ago, I was downloading pictures from my camera. I discovered the picture below, which is from The Runaway Bunny.


I really love the book because of it's beautiful, yet simple, pictures. Besides that, the story itself is a touching reminder of how deep a mother's love runs.


My favorite part of the book is actually a two-page picture (each section has one). In the pages before it, the little bunny tells his mother he will turn into a bird and fly away.


"If you turn into a bird and fly away, I will be the tree that you come home to."


The picture is beautiful. The baby bunny has wings and is flying towards a big, beautiful tree, shaped just like the mother bunny. She is the tree he comes home to. *sigh*


I have been saying that I'd love to copy the pictures on my scanner and print them off for framing. I even know just where I can hang them. But I've been saying this for years without actually doing it. Big Girl, unbeknownst to me, took a picture of the page for me so I'd have it to print off. It's one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.
I love my girls!

No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin