Wednesday, March 28

Little Girl's Big News

Little Girl has been complaining on and off for months that she's having trouble seeing things. Then, she told my parents that she can't see her books very well. Since she hasn't stopped reading, and seemed to do okay, I didn't think much of it.
But when she complained of headaches when we did a lot of reading-intensive schoolwork, I worried.

Turns out she's far-sighted, which is actually kind of good (if you have to be near- or far-sighted) because she might outgrow it in a few years. Unfortunately, she also has a stigmatism, which complicates things. But, ah, well! We knew that our kids' eyes would be doomed because Hubby and I didn't make it out of elementary school without glasses.

Today we picked up her glasses, and she kept hugging me and telling me that she's so glad to have them. When we got the call this evening, I hurried the girls through dinner so we could get them tonight, before Pearle Vision closed at 7.

Later, at the grocery store on the way home, Little Girl hugged me tight and said, "Thank you for getting my glasses tonight, Mommy!"

2 comments:

Stacey said...

She's gonna look SOOOO cute in those!

Unknown said...

Hey Chris
She still and will always be beautiful.
The Glasses give her "character."

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin