Friday, March 23

I Gotta Fever of a Hundred and Three


Actually, I don't but the girls did. They were both getting more and more listless during dinner, but I was waiting a bit to give them more Motrin stuff (acetamenophine) because I wanted them to have it nearer to bedtime. I took their temperatures after dinner (ears) and got more than 104 for Big Girl and more than 103 for Little Girl.

OH. MY. GOD.

I called my sister as I poured out their doses of acetamenophine, and I asked her what to do.

She said, "Get them into a tepid bath to cool them down some. Give them cold compresses. And do you know about febrile seizures?"

As she explained about them (I wasn't freaked out by the possibility, but I did want to be informed as to what they might look like), I stripped the girls and started a tepid bath. It was probably about 75 or 80 degrees at the most. The girls felt like they were being dumped into an ice bath. Scapulars on, they cried the entire time they were in the tub, where I made them lie down for ten to twenty seconds at a time and poured water all over their bodies. Once they were out, I put the cool compresses on their heads. Right now, their fevers are down to 100 and 101, and they are eating pretzels and watching Story Keepers. Once this episode is over, I'll put them to bed, but I'll be waking them up in an hour to dose them with ibuprofin (Tylenol equivalent). And I'll check their temperatures again later, and possibly wake them up again for more acetamenaphine. Maybe I'll sleep on the couch. Please pray for them. And me, if you please.

Saint Peter, please pray for my girls! Guardian Angels, please watch over them! Saint Monica, pray for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Would you mind adding my new blog to your links?

hope all are well,

God bless,

Jackie

EC Gefroh said...

Chris:
I hope the girls are feeling better today. Sorry they were so sick.

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin