Friday, June 20

Summer Reading: Weekends with Will

This Summer, our family will be having Weekends with Will, when we read a play by Shakespeare.  To introduce my girls to the great Bard, we'll start our journey with A Midsummer Night's Dream, which is the first play I read by Shakespeare.  It's funny, and a very old movie version of it sits waiting on our DVR.  (I want to say it was filmed in the 1930's, but I can't say for sure without checking.)

I searched a couple of used bookstores, but didn't have a lot of luck in finding any used copies.  So I used my homeschooler discount at Books-A-Million and B&N to pick up four copies.

I'm really looking forward to this project!  I think the girls are going to appreciate Shakespeare more when we start them off with a comedy, which I think was the idea behind my seventh grade teacher selecting this for my English class to read.

I'll let you know how it goes!




No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin