Monday, June 16

Mass in Chantilly, Virginia

Sat directly behind Justice Clarence Thomas at Mass on Sunday morning.

Was too busy kissing my children at the Sign of Peace to shake his hand (sorry, sir!), though I caught him turning around as I leaned in to kiss Little Girl.

Did not approach him after Mass because I'm not there to stargaze, nor is here there to be gazed upon.  I did pray specifically for him and the other justices when I noticed it was him.  

Oh, and I discovered that we both genuflect before receiving the Blessed Sacrament in Holy Communion.  :)

And the parish?  Beautiful.  Reverent.  Contained concentrations of Latin (and will become even moreso).  Their parish school has Latin as the foriegn language, starting in Kindergarten.  I loved the wonderful altar boys in their cassocks and surplices (is that the right spelling for that?) - it was a really wonderful ending to a really wonderful weekend spent at the IHM conference.  More on that later, though.




Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

Latin in Kindergarten-WOAH!! I am ready to move there! Too cool!

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin