Tuesday, August 5

Bye Bye Pope Up Tramper!

It's been fun having a pop-up, but we haven't really used it, and since we are busy being Gazelles, we're selling our "pope-up tramper."

Here's hoping it goes quickly. We priced it for a quick sale, and though it needs a couple of minor repairs, it's listed for about half it's retail value.

Being a Gazelle isn't much fun sometimes, but it's more fun than being in debt. If we can sell this, we'll put a BIG dent in what's left to pay on our Jeep. Like, more than 1/3 of it. In the meantime, we've managed to pay off (through selling and debt snowballs) more than $20,000 in debt since February. That includes the $3000 of medical bills I've had to pay for my December visit. And when I started my home business (my call center work), I did so without borrowing a dime for it, which means that aside from taxes I have to pay, I've got no other money to put aside. (Mind you, I pay for some bills out of that money, specifically the ones directly related to the business like phone and internet service.) But still, it's been very good. We've even managed to put aside money for things we'll need to purchase: tires for my Jeep, a new mattress for our anniversary (15 years is enough for one mattress if you ask me!), sports and dance for the girls. We haven't touched a credit card since Soccer Dad had a root canal and crown done in early January! And the final payment on that went out in today's mail, too!

I take it back, we HAVE touched the cards. To SHRED them! I love the sound of plastic going through my shredder! Ha HA!

If I met Dave Ramsey, I swear I'd kiss him!
Update (8-6, 8:39 a.m.): I've had more than half a dozen people contact me already. The camper will be gone before the end of the weekend. Because if I don't sell it today, someone is willing to drive up from Virginia Beach for it! WHOO HOO!

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

How is the call center work going?
How did you find a legit offer for employment?
I would love to do this, so we can start saving some more money, and I could still homeschool my son.
Are you still homeschooling your girls?

I just placed an Aquinas and More from your SoccerMom link.
Email me if you want-maizie13 at msn dot com

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin