Wednesday, February 7

iPod Meme


Okay, an open tag and a new iPod for Christmas means that I get to do this meme! HA!


Snatched from Housewife in Flip-Flops, who has a spiffy new computer.


Here's what you do: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.


How does the world see you? "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" by Toby Keith. Oof. I'm seen as jingoistic, I guess. And wanting to kick terrorist butt.
Will I have a happy life? "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I'll be happy as long as I live in the South? Well, my life has improved since I left NJ...

What do my friends really think of me? "There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney. Yup. That's what every guy thinks when they see me. Sure. Because somehow between high school and now I've become desirable? LOL!

Do people secretly lust after me? Oh, now this is interesting. "Introit: Gaudeamus" by The Monastic Choice of the Abbey of Saint Benedict. I guess that means ... NO.

How can I make myself happy? "Genius in France" by Weird Al. Um...this song is about someone who is completely moronic, but is considered a genius in France, so he moves there. I'm not sure, but I think my iPod just insulted me.


What should I do with my life? Okay, I have them already, but the song that comes up is another Weird Al one (from Poodle Hat) called "Trash Day." And guess what? It IS trash day!

Will I ever have children? I have children, and I'm really not sure what this song means in relation to it. "Kerosene" by Miranda Lambert. Angry, cheated-on chick wants to torch boyfriend's house? Holy cow, someone warn Hubby!


What is some good advice for me? Back into the Gregorian Chant stuff with the monastic choir. "Responsory: Sancte Pater Benedicte" (Blessing from Holy Father, says my very-beginning Latin abilities.) Do what God tells me, maybe? Always good advice!


How will I be remembered? I think that the shuffle on my iPod really likes that Poodle Hat album. "Why Does This Always Happen to Me?" A song about a person who complains about small things when worse stuff is happening to other people. Hmmm... Bad sign for me.

What is my signature dancing song? Yeah, I'm about this good. More Gregorian Chant. "Hymn: Claris Conjubilia Gallia Laudibus" Same monastic choir. Again, not exactly a dancing song! (I actually added these on my iPod because they are soothing, and I can pray while I listen. I used them on the bus trip to the March for Life to lull my very-excited Big Girl to sleep.)

What do I think is my current theme song? "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour. Wow. That doesn't say much good about me, huh? But it's a kickin' song!

What does everyone think my current theme song is? "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra. Wow, my grandparents would love that! I do really love NYC, though. Great place to visit.

What song will play at my funeral? "You're the Inspiration" by Chicago. May I actually BE an inspiration for good things!

What type of men / women do you like? "When I Think About Cheatin'" by Gretchen Wilson. Um...golly, I don't actually think about cheating.

What is my day going to be like? "One Hot Mama" by Trace Adkins. Wow! That is really COOL! Maybe those new jeans from Wal Mart will fit really well! LOL

I'll leave an open tag, too. Leave a link if you do it, please. :)

3 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Fun!! I played! Some scary answers, though....
http://sfomom.blogspot.com

Christina Martin said...

Anyone with a healthy appreciation of Weird Al goes up in my estimation!

Christine the Soccer Mom said...

Christina, I've loved Al since I heard "Another One Rides the Bus!" I'll be downloading all of his stuff from iTunes gradually, but I think we'll snag "Straight Outta Lynnwood" before our trip to Florida this weekend.

I've actually seen him in concert twice, and I got his autograph on my LP of "Even Worse." :-D

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin