Sunday, January 21

March for Life (UPDATED)



This is the third year I've signed up to go on the bus for the March. In fact, I was happy to also get a seat for Big Girl (though, really, I don't want to go, and I don't want to bring my children - I'd rather not have to do it).

However, there is now this:


...ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST MONDAY...

SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL GRADUALLY CHANGE TO ALL FREEZING RAIN BY EARLY EVENING...THEN CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF TONIGHT BEFORE ENDING BY DAYBREAK MONDAY.

TOTAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE LESS THAN ONE INCH IN MOST LOCATIONS...RANGING UP TO TWO OR THREE INCHES FROM PORTIONS OF THE GREENBRIER COUNTY EAST INTO THE ALLEGHANY HIGHLANDS.

HOWEVER...TOTAL GLAZE ACCUMULATIONS FROM THE FREEZING RAIN WILL RANGE FROM ONE QUARTER TO AROUND ONE THIRD OF AN INCH ON ELEVATED SURFACES. THE WEIGHT OF ICE ON POWER LINES AND TREES WILL RESULT IN FALLING TREE BRANCHES AND POSSIBLE POWER OUTAGES.

AN ICE STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF ICE ACCUMULATIONS WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. TRAVEL IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. COMMERCE WILL LIKELY BE SEVERELY IMPACTED. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. ICE ACCUMULATIONS MAY LEAD TO SNAPPED POWER LINES...ADDING TO THE DANGER.


Well, isn't that nice?

Hubby said that chances are, the roads will be too dangerous for us to drive to the church where the bus is taking off. We'd have to leave before 5:30 (only slightly so, but still...), and right now, we've had about six hours of freezing rain and snow, with accumulations on the roads. And it's still coming down that way.

And so I might be watching the March on EWTN tomorrow with the entire family. (Hubby took a vacation day, and he said if the roads are too dangerous for me, he'll keep the vacation day and stay home with us.)

I am a bit bummed out. And we still can't go sledding.

Phooey.
[photos are mine from last year]
UPDATE: I did get to go! I only had a couple of pictures, since I was COMPLETELY paranoid about losing Big Girl. But it was very cool, with the exception of the fact that the aborted baby pictures were more spread out than last year. Why are they even bringing those? As one father on the bus said, "They are preaching to the choir here. I don't need my kids seeing that."
Yeah, me neither. I think sonogram pictures would be MUCH more effective. Pro aborts don't believe those pictures, and post-abortive women are sometimes tramautized by them.

1 comment:

catholicandgop said...

Stay safe you guys.

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin