Wednesday, September 30

Have I Mentioned I Love My New Pastor?

After Mass tonight, Fr. K. wanted to be sure that I knew the Pro Life materials came in for Sunday's table. I assured him that I'd picked it up, and asked if he could get the poster back out of the USCCB folder to hang up in the narthex. He said yes, and I told him that I had actually planned to come by earlier (before Exposition) and pick it up, but I'd been so lazy since my last shift was this morning.

"When I finished that last hour of work, I was just not really in the mood to do a lot today," I explained.

He grinned. "Oh! Was today your last day!?"

I grinned right back at him. "Yep. All done."

"For good?"

"For good."

"Well! That needs a fist bump!" he said, and held out his fist for a bump.

After bumping fists, I said, "Really, that needs an exploding fist bump."

And he obliged.

And, yes, I was thrilled with his homily tying St. Jerome with today's Gospel, too, but the exploding fist bump was just icing on the cake.



No comments:

Who are your heros?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin